How to overcome laziness and find motivation // Как побороть лень и найти мотивацию

Saturday, February 17, 2018

laziness-motivation-мотивация-лень-00

The abundance of advice on this topic on the Internet can really bring you to even greater procrastination and depression (..I was made sure of it on my own experience). However, which of the hundreds of ways represented by so many people, bloggers and motivational speakers will actually help you?!

Hell, I don’t want to say this at all, but it depends on you.

I've already got into this mind state of incredible laziness more than once, but especially now, when the exams are over and I’ve got two, I repeat, TWO weeks free from classes and deadlines at my full disposal I’ve realized how difficult it is for me to reorganize myself from my obligations at the Academy to my own schedule. In the first couple of days, I didn’t feel the slightest prick of conscience about the amount of time spent with food, TV series and books. However, on the third day of the holidays, I realized that I wanted to do something, especially because of the exams there hadn’t been any new posts on the blog for the whole of January and I had almost forgotten about the existence of Instagram! I’ll briefly describe that day so you can compare my mood at that time with your current state of apathy, maybe you’ve got stuck in a similar ‘black hole’ :

- I woke up pretty early, but at my favorite time, around 9 o’clock, I slept pretty well. Then I did my favorite morning routine tasks: drank a couple of glasses of water, did yoga, took a shower and ate some oatmeal [ & even made a face mask]

- after that, I scheduled things I wanted to accomplish during the holidays and made up a list of ingredients for the vegan chili sin carne I wanted to cook the following day and also did a couple of so-called  "administrative tasks"

Nevertheless, the main thing of a creative nature on my list was new blog posts writing, which I had a trouble with that day. I had sat and squeezed out of my mind three short paragraphs and somehow ran out of words. What's funny is that I actually felt a strong desire to write, but at the same time it seemed that something had made my internal energy source to fall asleep. I had no idea where to start, although I knew what topic I wanted to write about.



Обилие советов на эту тему в интернете реально может вогнать еще в большую прокрастинацию и депрессию (..проверено на себе). Но который из сотен способов представленных столькими количествами людей, блоггерами и мотивационными ораторами на самом деле вам поможет?!

Черт, как не хочется мне этого говорить, но - зависит все от вас.

Я уже не раз попадала в такую ситуацию, но особенно сейчас, когда сессия закончилась и в моем полном распоряжении появились аж 2, я повторюсь, целых ДВЕ недели свободных от занятий и дедлайнов я осознала как сложно мне перестроиться с обязательств в универе на собственный распорядок дня. В первые пару дней я не ощущала ни малейшего укола совести по поводу количества времени проведенного с едой, сериалами и книгами. Однако уже на третий день я подумала, что хочу все же что-то делать, тем более что из-за сессии на блоге за весь январь не появилось ни одного сообщения, а о существовании инстаграмма я почти забыла. Кратко опишу тот самый день, а вы сравните мой настрой тогда со своим состояниям лени и апатии, может вы застряли в похожей черной дыре как я тогда:

- проснулась я  довольно рано, но в мое любимое время около 9:00, выспалась, провела все любимые полезные утренние процедуры : пара стаканов воды, йога, душ и овсянка [даже сделала маску для лица]

- распланировала вещи, которые хочу выполнить в течение каникул и составила список продуктов чтобы приготовить на следующий день веганский чили син карне и сделала еще пару так называемых «административных заданий»

Однако главная вещь творческого характера – написание блог поста – все никак мне не давалась. Я села, выдавила из себя три коротких абзаца и как-то иссякла. Что самое смешное, я на самом деле чувствовала желание писать, но что-то словно усыпляло мой внутренний источник энергии. Я понятия не имела с чего начать, хотя знала на какую тему пишу сообщение.

laziness-motivation-мотивация-лень

I had decided that I needed to eat something.

But after the dinner, I took some grapes.

And after that, I went to take a full bowl of nuts.

‘ It's not hunger ‘, I thought, but laziness was still inhibiting my actions and the desire to do creative stuff.

Well, what do you think I did next? Feeling deeply the level of laziness and demotivation I had been suffering from, of course, I took another couple of sandwiches and lied down to watch YouTube. However, this strange, but the obvious sense of laziness and the tendency to avoid creative activities kept consuming me further.


Я решила поесть горячее.

Но потом взяла еще винограда.

А потом пошла еще насыпать полную тареку орешков.

"Все же дело не в голоде" – решила я. Но лень далее затормаживала мои действия и желание делать что-либо креативное.

Ну и как вы думаете что же я сделала дальше? Прочувствовав полностью уровень лени и демотивации на котором я находилась, конечно же я взяла еще пару бутербродов и легла посмотреть что-нибудь на YouTube. Однако это странное, но уже явное ощущение лени и тенденция к избеганию творческих дел все сильнее снедали меня.



laziness-motivation-мотивация-лень
laziness-motivation-мотивация-лень
laziness-motivation-мотивация-лень

My mind state and the desire to be productive usually are not dependent on coffee. Yet at that time, I had poured myself an impressive mug of this drink with desperation and, watching one of the light and atmospheric Kaylin Nicholson’s vlogs I gradually began to acquire the ability to function.
I had ended up setting aside both the mug and YouTube and started to write blog posts - including this one.

Someone will think that it was coffee, which helped me - that is not a surprise and it definitely played its role.

But also, I’ve recently noticed that it is when I watch videos like vlogs, where a person with a camera takes you through one (or several) days of his/her life, I always find motivation and desire for action.
It was on that day that I passed through the whole chain:

lack of motivation - laziness - procrastination - search - finding motivation

I realized that watching how another person does different things helps me the most – it is watching somebody does various tasks during his day
+ the montage effect, thanks to which it seems that the person does so much in such an unreally short time span.
We begin to think, "Hmm, I ought to start doing something myself too." And this push often can be more than enough.



Мое состояние, желание быть продуктивной не зависимы от кофе. Все же в тот раз я с отчаянием налила себе внушительную кружку этого напитка и, смотря один из легких и ламповых влогов Кейлин Николсон постепенно начинала преобретать способность действовать.
Все закончилось тем что я отложила и кружку и видео и начала писать блогпосты – включая и этот.

Кто-то решит, что помогло кофе – что никапельки не удивительно. И оно определенно сыграло свою роль в приобретении энергии.

Но я заметила что именно при просмотре видео-влогов в которых человек с камерой проводит вас через один (или несколько) день своей жизни я всегда наполняюсь мотивацией и желанием к действию. Именно в тот день пройдя всю цепочку :

отсутствие мотивации – лень – прокрастинация – поиск - обретение мотивации

я поняла что помогает мне больше всего - смотреть на то как другой человек занимается разными делами .
+ эффект монтажа, благодаря которому кажется что этот человек делает так много в так нереально коротий промежуток времени.
Мы начинаем думать «Хм, надо бы и мне начать занятся чем-то» . И этого толчка может быть более чем достаточно.

laziness-motivation-мотивация-лень

Doesn’t this observation of mine remind you of a chain reaction in a group of several people, where after one person yawns, all the others begin to yawn too? It reminds me a little. Only the cause for the group yawning is considered to be a manifestation of empathy inherent in the human species.

Another no less entertaining example is how the environment affects people: the family, the company of friends, relatives have a great impact on the character and habits of a person. People, who love strong alcohol and frivolous relationship, dubious ways of entertainment are much likely to affect the habits and preferences of a newbie in their group. We know such examples from our own lives.
I'm not sure that a few videos on YT can fundamentally change your life, but especially these days it's something to use, find motivation and be inspired by.

...... Even if the whole process acts on the principle of the contagious yawn initiated by a person standing nearby.

The main thing, I think, after receiving an unexpected charge of energy from another person (whether online or offline) is to start doing something really meaningful and important and not just administrative. And, of course, firstly, you have to react to the external source of motivation, and not continue procrastination watching funny videos watching series all day and night.



Не напоминает ли вам случайно этот случай цепную реакцию после того как в группе из нескольких человек после того как зевнет один, волей неволей зевать начнут и все остальные? Мне немного напоминает. Только причиной для группового зевания считают проявление эмпатии свойственное человеческому виду.

Другой не менее занимательный пример – окружение: семья, компания друзей, близких влияют на характер, привычки и многие другие части жизни любого человека. Люди любящие крепкий алкоголь и несерьезные отношения, сомнительные способы развлечения скорее всего сильно повлияют на привычки и предпочтения новичка в своей группе. Даже из собственных жизней мы знаем живые этому примеры.

Я не уверена что несколько видео на YT способно в корне изменить вашу жизнь, но особенно в наши дни это то чем надо пользоваться, находить мотивацию, вдохновляться.

......Даже если весь процесс действует по принципу заразительного зевка рядом стоящего человека.

Главное, я думаю, после неожиданного заряда энергии от другого человека (будь то встреча онлайн или оффлайн) начать делать что-то реально значимое и важное, а не просто административное. Ну и конечно главное в первую очередь отреагировать на внешний источник мотивации, а не продолжать зависать в видео с приколами или смотря сериалы сутки напролет.

________________________


Useful links // Полезные ссылки //

psychologytoday.com - "Why Is Yawning So Contagious? " by Christopher Bergland 

newsru.com - "Ученые ответили на вопрос, почему заразна зевота"

________________________

All photos in this blog post are made by me.

Все фото в этом блог посте сделаны мной.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comment & express yourself